Available in Print or E-Book formats
BUY USING THE LINKS BELOW
||EATiQuette's The Main Course on Table Service is the book used by waiters, waitresses, restaurant service trainers and managers at casinos, clubs, hotels, resorts, restaurants, culinary training programs and vocational programs across the U.S. and abroad to polish their skills and improve their guest services. Take your table service to a new level with this comprehensive waitstaff training manual.
Sometimes "been there, done that" is a good thing . . . especially when it comes to teaching table service. David Rothschild uses his own experiences during his decades in the business to help beginning servers learn the proper techniques while getting a taste of what it's like to be a part of the restaurant industry. His entertaining anecdotes also give experienced servers tips and hints on becoming more efficient and polished in their craft.
If you're considering restaurant service as a career, a temporary job, or as a way to supplement your income (in the right place, you may make more per shift than what you currently earn!) -- or if you're already waiting tables and want to freshen and broaden your skills -- this book is sure to become as indispensable a tool as your favorite order-taking pen or your five-turn corkscrew!
The Main Course on Table Service Instructor Manual
This 130-page guide includes training tools and activities to help servers build confidence, increase efficiency and promote professionalism. Available as a PC- and Mac-compatible PDF file. It includes:
- Chapter introduction with suggestions for ways trainers can use each chapter of The Main Course on Table Service to teach specific skills and general server behavior and attitudes
- Goal - Summary of what trainees should achieve by reading each chapter and participating in related activities
- Vocabulary - Definitions of words used, but not explained in detail in the book itself
- Activities - Verbal, written or role-playing (and even cooking!) exercises that relate to the content of each chapter
- Quiz with questions specifically geared toward assessing trainees' understanding of the materials in each chapter
Please note: The instructor's manual is written to be used in conjunction with The Main Course on Table Service, not as a stand-alone teaching tool
"...Your book is very well written and speaks to the reader on a real world level, in a way that is extremely understandable ... I am quite taken with your work. I am looking forward to more of your clear and concise discussion on job performance." - Neil, Scottsdale, AZ
"I enjoyed its straightforward, commonsensical approach to service. It reinvigorated me on waiting tables. I can't wait to put the training into action."-Dana, Valencia, CA
"... found it to be fascinating and most useful. I've been a food and beverage server for 25 years. It's what I do. I'd like to do it better." - Sam, Colorado